Shell Scholarship 2018 for Undergraduates, registrations commenced on November 23rd, 2017.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites interested candidates and qualified applicants to apply for a full time academic scholarship award during their 2018 SPDC-JV University Scholarship Scheme. Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups and society. That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2014, $14.8 million was invested in scholarships by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
The Shell Scholarship 2018 Scheme, a programme run by SPDC on behalf of the NNPC/Shell/Elf/Agip Joint Venture, makes a quiet but very profound commentary on the company’s interest in the promotion of capacity building in the country.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the ever growing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Shell Scholarship 2018 Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
An average of 16,000 applicants responds to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The Shell Scholarship 2018 merit-based scholarship is in two categories;
- The National Merit Award (NM): The National merit award (nm) is open to all Nigerians only studying in any recognized university.
- The Areas of Operation Merit Award: The Areas of Operation Merit Award are for Nigerians who are indigenes of Shell Petroleum Development Company operational area in the following states under listed below;
- Abia state
- Bayelsa state
- Delta state
- Imo state
- Rivers State
CRITERIA’S AND ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION INTO SHELL SCHOLARSHIP 2018
- Applicant must be a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Applicant must be studying in any recognized institution in Nigeria
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 credits in either Waec or Neco for O level criteria
- Applicant must have scored a minimum of 200 score in JAMB UTME
- Applicants must be a 200 level student with a minimum of 2.5 for institutional Grade Point before application and during application.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SHELL SCHOLARSHIP 2018
- All applicants must have a valid and functional email address before proceeding with the online application.
- Registrations for shell scholarship 2018 must be done using their portal;
- Applicants must scan copies of their letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC); for applicants applying under the Operational Area Awards
- The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, and Port Harcourt.
ONLINE PROCEDURE FOR SHELL SCHOLARSHIP 2018
- Create User Account: Applicants must be registered as a user first before proceeding with the applicants.
- Apply Now: After a successful user profile creation, applicant will proceed with filling of the scholarship form.
- Upload Documents: Scanned documents and relevant documents must be uploaded online.
- Application Status: To monitor the progress of your applications, always come back to the portal to check your shell scholarship 2018 status.
Each scanned documents must not exceed 200KB and image format must be JPEG.
Applications opened on Wednesday, November 13, 2017 and close Wednesday December 20, 2017
There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Shell does not demand payment from applicants and does not assign ‘agents’ or ‘representatives’ to assist applicants.