At the end of the civil war in 1970, the Rivers State Government was faced with an acute shortage of trained teachers for its rapidly expanding programme of post-primary education. In view of this, a committee was appointed by the Ministry of Education to examine the problem and to make necessary recommendations on the establishment of an Advanced Teacher Training College.
The report of the committee stressed the need to invest much energy in the right directions to ensure that the schools in Rivers State did not face the danger of either collapsing or producing students who would be worth nothing on their graduation. After the required spade work by the Ministry of Education, Rivers State College of Education opened in temporary quarters at the Catholic Mission’s Stella Maris College, Port Harcourt on 14th June, 1971 with an initial intake of 116 students, under the headship of Dr. William Maxwell Jnr., a USAID representative then serving in the State.
WHAT ARE THE IMSU Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) Courses and Requirements FOR NEW STUDENTS?
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) Courses and Requirements
Fresh students who are seeking admission into the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education must have and certify the following…
- All Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credit passes including English and mathematics and any other relevant subjects in respect to prospective course of study at not more than 2 sittings.
- All Candidates seeking for admission with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- All candidates must have written the jamb utme and must have scored a minimum of 200 to be eligble to partake in the Post utme screening.
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
This Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) Courses and Requirements are list of courses fully approved and accredited by the Nigerian university commission, so do not panic if you see your dream course listed here, Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) Courses and Requirements.
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Computer Education
- Education and Accountancy
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Fine and Applied Arts
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Music
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Social Studies
- Educational Management
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health and Safety Education
- Home Economics and Education
- Human Kinetics
- Marketing Education
- Primary Education Studies
- Secretarial Education
- Technical Education
If you need more information about Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) Courses and Requirements, just write us a comment with your question.