Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Jamb 2018 Change of Course/Institution, Name, Gender, and State/LGA of Origin and Date of Birth have commenced for 2018.
How to successfully effect the Jamb 2018 Change of Course/Institution. What you need to know and consider before changing your course or institution.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) have commenced the online change of institution/courses on the portal for JAMB 2018 applicants. This is to enable students who didn’t reach their targeted cut-off marks for some institutions/courses to switch to other institutions/courses for better chances of gaining admitted into the tertiary institutions.
Jamb applicants who had errors during the 2018 UTME Registration can now use this opportunity to also make changes/corrections on their bio-data using the jamb portal; the following categories can be corrected:
Correction of Name
State/LGA of Origin
Choices of Institution/Courses and
Date of Birth
Note: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin cost N2, 500 (two thousand five hundred naira only) and it must be generated through www.remita.net from the applicants dashboard.
Procedures for JAMB Change of Course/Institution and Data Correction
Jamb 2018 portal has been updated in other to avoid errors and as such jamb applicants will now have to go to Jamb Approved CBT centers to change their course, institution and other data.
Jamb applicants from 2017 and below can follow these procedures to change their institutions/courses on the jamb official portal, www.jamb.org.ng
Visit the JAMB portal using this URL or copy into your browser http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/
Click on user login (use the email address you used during the 2018 Utme registrations to login)
Click on “Correction of Data” below will be under listed information like Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin .
What you should know before doing change of course/institution
– You must be sure that the course or institution you want to change from might not offer you admission before switching to another.
– Be sure of the institutions official cut-off marks for your course of choice and institution before applying for the change of course/institutions.
– That you can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
– That once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again (or else the system has changed)
– That you select a Course/Institution that aligns with your subject combination. If you don’t do this, your school will screen you out. Please use the Online for Brochure to verify.
– There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
– For this change of course/institutions you will be charged N2, 500 through the www.remita.net portal from jamb website
– The jamb Brochure is very important because it will list and guide you based on your selection of new institution/courses into any tertiary institution in Nigeria
If you are going for this service, please use the comment section to let us know how the process is going on at your centre.
Deadline: This has not be specified by jamb